Our friend Gaby has created yet another irresistible California Sweetpotato recipe. Perfect for Halloween parties and fall gatherings, these nachos pack a ton of great nutrients, flavor and color, without all that scary stuff. Leave the scaring to the ghouls.
2 pounds (3 to 4 medium) California sweetpotatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese
1 cup black beans
2 corn on the cob, sliced
1 cup guacamole
pico de gallo
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each California sweetpotato lengthwise into 8 wedges; halve long wedges crosswise.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss sweetpotatoes with oil, chili powder, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, until coated. Arrange wedges, cut sides down. Roast potatoes until browned and tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with additional salt if needed.
- Lay the wedges on a baking sheet and pile them high with cheese, beans and corn. Transfer the baking dish back into the oven and bake for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top the sweetpotatoes with the, scallions, cilantro, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
- Serve immediately.