2 California sweetpotatoes, peeled & chopped
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. non-hydrogenated margarine
3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 garlic clove, finely minced
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
salt/pepper to taste
1 lb. whole-wheat or gluten-free pasta, cooked
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the sweetpotatoes, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until fork-tender.
- In a separate sauce pan, add the margarine and melt over medium heat.
- Add the cornstarch to the soy milk and whisk together until smooth, add to the sauce pan and whisk together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: nutritional yeast, minced garlic clove, dijon mustard, onion powder, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook until thick.
- Add the sauce to a high powered blender.
- Once cooked, remove the sweetpotatoes from the pot and drain.
- Add 1 cup of cooked sweetpotatoes to the blender, process until thick and smooth.
- Toss with cooked pasta and serve!
Recipe courtesy of Delicious Knowledge