Sweetpotato and Kale Tostadas
Makes 12 tostadas
2 large California sweetpotatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 cups chopped kale
One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup chopped onion
12 corn tortillas
8 ounces Cabot Jalapeno Light Cheddar, shredded
Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
Lime wedges, for servig
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat two large, rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetpotatoes, oil, paprika, salt, and pepper. Spread the mixture on one of the prepared baking sheets and roast, stirring two or three times, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile use the same large bowl to combine the kale, black beans, and onion.
- Add the kale mixture to the sweetpotato mixture and continue to roast, stirring two or three times, until the sweetpotatoes are tender and the kale is wilted, about 10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and cover loosely to keep warm.
- Arrange six tortillas on the second baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Flip the tortillas, then top with with about one-quarter of the cheese, half of the sweetpotato/kale mixture, and one-quarter of the cheese. Continue to bake until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plates or a platter and cover loosely to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, cheese, and sweetpotato/kale mixture.
- Top the tostadas with the cilantro and a squeeze of lime and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Teaspoon of Spice