3/4 cup mashed California sweetpotato
1/2 cup non-fat powdered milk
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
3/4 cup hot water
1 envelope pizza crust yeast
1 teaspoon salt, divided (1/2 tsp+1/2 tsp)
1/4 cup warm water
2 cups flour
- In a bowl combine, 3/4 cup hot water with milk, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Let cool and add mashed sweetpotato, yeast and 1/4 cup warm water. Stir in flour until mixed completely, cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° and place a rack in the bottom of the oven.. Spray sheet pan and rings.
- As soon as the dough puffs and you see bubbles, add the last of the salt, stir and spoon into the prepared rings, as evenly as you can. I used an ice cream scoop (2 scoops with a #20) to make it easier.
- Use an offset spatula or spoon dipped in warm water to spread the dough to the edges.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely before cutting rings away.
- To serve, cut in half and simply toast as usual.
Recipe courtesy of Wish Upon a Dish